Everything You Need to Know About Live Dealer Online Casino Games
The concept of live casinos isn’t new in the industry. Actually, Evolution Gaming, one of the first providers of Live casino solutions in Europe, is around since 2006. However, in the past couple of years, the live casino phenomenon boomed, and the number of players enjoying these titles skyrocketed. The increase in popularity was evident even before the COVID 19 pandemic struck to close the land-based casinos but nobody can deny the global situation also played a role. So, no matter if you’ve already tested your luck with live casino games or you’re about to try one but need more info on them beforehand, we’ve prepared an exhaustive article for you.
What is a Live Dealer Casino Game?
If this is the first time you hear about this casino game type, it’s good to start with a definition for live casino games. It’s kind of self-explanatory as you have a lot of clues in the name. Basically, a live dealer game is any table game that is enjoyed online but in the presence of a real dealer instead of a computer. This unique part of the gambling industry uses state-of-the-art technology for immaculate streaming and allows players to enjoy roulette, blackjack, baccarat, and many more online casino games in the atmosphere of a real land-based casino. In other words, you get all the advantages of playing in an online casino combined with the feeling of actually being at the casino, seeing the table, and communicating with the dealer in real-time for a really immersive experience.
Short History of Live Dealer Games
When the casinos transferred from the local venue to your desktop and, later on, to your mobile, the idea of combining real gambling with the online experience was still a bit of a stretch. Enjoying online casinos was a solitary activity that was done between the player and their device. However, everything changed at the beginning of the 2000s when Playtech introduced live casino games in their offer. Together with Microgaming, Playtech was the first casino software provider to deliver games to online casinos, ever since 1994/1995.
Even though live dealer games were not considered a huge success at first, players were still getting familiarized with them. However, as technology advanced and the stream started to be a lot more qualitative as well as offering a lot of interaction options for players, the popularity of live casino games increased. It wasn’t long until Evolution Gaming joined the game with the intent to totally change the game. And so they did. It only took them a couple of years to become the best providers of live dealer titles and together with Vivo Gaming, Ezugi, or Authentic Gaming, they are still cooking up new titles to impress players across the globe.
What Casino Games are Available with a Live Dealer?
Initially, the games available to be enjoyed with live dealer were the classic table games inside a casino. Mainly, roulette, blackjack, and baccarat. Multiple versions of each of these three games were available at any of the popular software providers. However, as the popularity spiked, more and more games became available in the live dealer’s presence. Nowadays you can enjoy a full range of poker variants ( Texas Hold’Em, Three Card Poker, Caribbean Stud) and even other titles like Live Super 6, Dream Catcher, Dear or No Deal, Monopoly, and many more.
How to Play Live Casino Games
The first thing you need to know about playing live dealer casino games online is that you won’t be able to do so unless you top-up your account with real money. Unlike other casino games, these ones can’t be enjoyed in demo or fun credits. Sure, you can watch the game even without having funds in your balance if you want to understand more about how the table works or if you are trying to find a certain dealer. However, if you want to play and have a real chance to win, you need to make a deposit. Not even the bonus balance can’t be used to play live casino games since the action takes place at real tables.
Now that you’re aware of this very important aspect of real money play, it’s time to find the casino that offers live dealer games. All casinos will allow you to take a good look at their games offer and decide if they’re a good fit. Even more than that, you will surely find a separate menu button taking you to the Live Casino or Live Dealer section – like it’s the case for PokiePlace or Spin Samurai casinos. If you don’t want to waste time checking the casinos yourself to find the best place for enjoying live dealer games, you can trust the casinos listed on our website as they’ve been verified and reviewed by industry experts and huge fans of live games.
Once you picked the casino, all that’s left to do is open the game of choice, select the stake you want to play with and hope that your luck and skill will help you beat the dealer to win big. And speaking of luck and skill, in some games luck is all it takes to win Like it’s the case for Roulette or Baccarat. However, when talking about Poker or Blackjack, there are some skills involved as well and you should make sure that you know all the rules and practice enough before taking the live dealer experience. Compared to traditional table games, you won’t have the same amount of time to think about your next move or your decision in a live casino game. This factor can be very important, especially if we’re talking about games that require a great deal of skill.
Live casino Strategy and Tips
Right from the start, we want to make it clear that there’s no secret recipe to guarantee you a win no matter the live casino game you play. Sure, by applying some strategies and tactics, you may increase your winning chances and get a better chance to beat the dealer. However, nobody can promise you 100% that you will win playing a casino game if you apply a certain tactic. With that in mind, we aim to give you the tips and know-how gathered through hundreds of hours playing the games to help you get closer to that nice win. And when it comes to live casino games, the strategy usually goes like this:
- Take your time to make sure you understand the game mechanics, master the steps of the strategy you’re about to use and make sure that’s the path you want to follow
- Always keep your focus on the gameplay. It’s not relevant what other players do at a live table or what the dealer says. Indeed, it’s a nice touch to be able to interact with live dealers, however, you should not let that distract you from your main goal there – to win.
- Always try the game for free if you have the chance so that you get familiar with various decisions that may occur during the gameplay. Even if the live dealer games are not usually available for free, you will be able to play their standard counterparts and you’ll feel no difference at all
- Check out any special offers or cashback bonuses that may help you get an advantage. It’s a known fact that a larger balance gives you more winning chances. And, even if the bonus balance can’t be used for live casino games at most online casinos, you will still be able to take advantage of a good cashback deal to maximize your winning chances.
- Always adjust your stake to the available balance. Just like with any other casino game out there, you always need to keep in mind that you’re playing the waiting game. It’s going to take tens or even hundreds of bets to score that huge win and if you use your entire balance in 5 hands, you won’t get a chance to score a win.
- Always be polite and respect the dealer and other players at the table, even when things don’t go your way. It’s a form of entertainment after all and winning shouldn’t be your only reason for playing a live dealer game.